You can find episode number 41 (12/2020) of international news show “B(A)D NEWS – Angry voices from around the world” at A-Radio Berlin’s new website or on the website of the International Network of Anarchist and Antiauthoritarian Radio Projects. „B(A)D NEWS – Angry voices from around the world“ is a monthly news program from the international network, consisting of short news segments from different parts of the world.
As an international network of radio projects, we believe in the importance of international solidarity. And we also recognize the importance and the need to create and disseminate our own media and counterinformation.
1) FQZA – A short round up about the struggle at “Dannenröder Forst” in the district called Hessen. (Germany)
2) Asamblea Anarquista Valparaiso – Commemorating 10th anniversary of rebellion and slaughter of 81 prisoners in San Miguel prison in Santiago de Chile.
3) Črna Luknja – is reporting on situation considering homeless situation in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana and involvement of Self-organized antiauthoritarian initiative.
4) Radiozones of Subversive Expressions – is sharing a report from streets and squares of Athens (Greece) and approaches of political establishment towards anti-authoritarian movement and society on general.
5) Radiofragmata – reporting on the events of 6th of December in so-called Greece.
6) Free social radio 1431AM – Is contributing an update about the situation in Greek prisons during the CoViD-19 pandemic.
7) Dissident Island from London – in the soon not to be so United Kingdom brings another round-up of happenings from across the land covering animal rights, workers’ struggles, eco-activism and anti-militarism.
8) The Final Straw Radio (from southern Appalachia in the so-called US) – shares a part of a conversation with anarchist and antifascist journalist and organizes, Daryle Lamont Jenkins about the far right street demos around the 2020 US elections, the violence in Washington DC by Proud Boys on November 14th and others against Black Lives Matter Plaza, the stabbings of three anti-racists and the call to participate in a counter to another Proud Boys demo in DC on December 12th, 2020 and prospects for autonomous anti-racist organizing in coming years.
9) Anarchist Radio Berlin – An update on the ongoing struggle in Belarus. For this month we are sharing part of an interview with an anarchist from Belarus, that happened in the end of November 2020.
10) Radio Show Elephant in the Room – Interview from 9th of November on recent protest for abortion rights, following repressions and anti-repression work in Poland.
We hope, with this effort, to reach out to other anarchist and antiauthoritarian projects, groups and individuals, and to strengthen our connections and our struggles in sharing our stories.
Although this program is in English, we recognize that even this ‚international‘ language can be alienating to some and we want to encourage others to create and share similar content in their own languages.
We want to hear the Bad News first!
Length: 1:22 h
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps1.: We are on Twitter and Mastodon! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings – in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!